I spent a few minutes this morning deconstructing yesterday’s In A Vase On Monday contribution, the one composed of purchased bouquets.
I wanted to pursue an idea to create an Ikebana design using the Gerbera daisies in the black rectangular container, but I shifted gears right away. It proved more practical to lift out the Gerberas and style them into a different vase rather than to remove all the other materials from the black vase. The vision in my head never materialized but I ended up with two distinct arrangements, that diverge from the original in interesting ways.
Eventually I removed that tall Sweet William in back at left, which I had liked, but the second version feels more balanced and less tense.
The remaining flowers required some shifting around but nothing major. There’s no daring but I ended up liking this incarnation with its soothing, limited palette.
It would be fun to rework the vases everyday all week but that probably won’t happen. This was a good exercise though.