End Of Month View – April 2015

At the end of April the garden is a mix of maturity and possibility, old friends and new.

Garden View

Garden View

Garden View

Garden View

Allium Nigrum

Allium Nigrum

Iris germanica ‘Batik’ (Bearded iris)

Iris germanica ‘Batik’ (Bearded iris)

Iris germanica (Bearded iris)

Iris germanica (Bearded iris)

Phlox divaricata (Eastern Blue Phlox), Heuchera sanguinea ‘Coral Forest’ (Coral Bells), Heuchera villosa 'Big Top Bronze' (Coral Bells)

Phlox divaricata (Eastern Blue Phlox), Heuchera sanguinea ‘Coral Forest’ (Coral Bells), Heuchera villosa ‘Big Top Bronze’ (Coral Bells)

27 thoughts on “End Of Month View – April 2015

Your garden is looking so lovely, I especially like your first photo. Your iris are gorgeous, ours aren’t quite ready yet, buds have formed but no flowers this month.

The circle is looking lovely, and it’s nice to see irises again. Mine are in bud now too, but you have such a lovely selectionI always enjoy seeing them!

Thanks Cathy. We had such a wet winter I can really tell the irises need better drainage and some elbow room, but I do love it when they bloom.

Lovely irises, Susie. I think they could become addictive to me. The second in-named variety is gorgeous. The whole garden is looking great. Spring seems even more beautiful this year, I’m not sure why.

Thanks Christina. That unnamed iris was a gift from a neighbor in 1977. I brought it to this garden when we moved in 2001. Until a couple of years ago I’d never actually bought an iris, most are pass-alongs with no names.

Spring here has been great–an extended spring. There have been a few hot days but then before plants get too stressed, the temps cool again and there have been nice rains.

Beautiful blooms! I love the circle with the dark snapdragons and the penstemon, such a nice combo of rich colors. I also like the sound of an extended, cool spring. I’m hoping for the same but I think next week we’ll see some warmup!

Weather is changing here too and warming up considerably. Forecast is for days in the 80’s all next week so that will certainly impact the garden.

‘Batik’ is one of my few irises I actually bought. It’s been a reliable bloomer but doesn’t spread much. The meditation circle needs some trimming soon to keep the path clear but I like it sort of full.

Thanks! I really appreciate this identification. The iris certainly does look like ‘Helen Collingwood’. Mid to late bloom season. Height 40″. Standards are light lavender, the falls bright violet-purple.

You have such a lovely – and orderly – garden, Susie! I love order myself but seldom seem to achieve it. The Iris are gorgeous.

The meditation circle looks wonderful – makes me feel peaceful just looking at it in your garden. And I am going over to your Vase on Monday now, since I realise that the purple in the circle must be your beautiful snapdragons. Lovely – and especially the irises.