Yesterday I came across some pictures of note cards I created using pressed flowers from my garden. When they were finished I passed along the cards as a gift and never thought to create any more.
I made these in in January 2008 and I decided to post them today as a reminder to myself to try it again sometime.
These are some of the leaves and flowers I pressed between
waxed paper paper towels, weighted down with heavy books, and later reassembled to create the cards:
Aquilegia canadensis (Eastern red columbine)
Artemisia ‘Powis Castle’ (Wormwood)
Cleome hassleriana (Spider Flower)
Echinacea purpurea (Purple Coneflower)
Monarda didyma (Scarlet Beebalm)